- The Grafton boasts 8 well-maintained tennis courts — 4 all weather and 4 artificial clay.
- All of the tennis courts are floodlit allowing play up to 10 pm every evening.
- We run social sessions Wednesdays from 18:00, Fridays from 10:00 and Sundays from 14:00 (13:00 in winter)
- There are 4 Men’s, 3 Ladies, Ladies and Men’s Midweek Daytime and 2 Summer Mixed teams competing in the Surrey County Leagues. Practice sessions are held Monday and Tuesday.
- 3 all day doubles tournaments in April (American), June (Grafton Cup) and September (Fox Trophy, named after our four legged friends!)
- Singles box leagues: 6 per league and all play all over 8 weeks; ongoing all year.
- Five professional coaches, see below for details.
- The online booking system allows 90 mins midweek 19:00-22:00 and 120 mins all other times, bookable 14 days in advance.
- Extensive juniors section and coaching.
- We compete in the Millennium Cup, a local tournament aimed at intermediate level players.
- Summer Championships and Winter Mixed tournaments.
- Tennis Racquet re-stringing services are available over the bar.
JUNIOR & ADULT CLASSES 2020
EASTER TENNIS CAMP
Monday 6th April-Thursday 9th April 2020
Tuesday 14th April-Friday 17th April 2020
10am-2.30pm £30per day/£100per week
5-7yrs 10am-12pm only
For bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday 4pm-5pm 5-10yrs old £7 per session
Thursday 4pm-5pm 8plus intermediate level only
Academy Tennis 10plus on Everyday Monday-Friday 5-6.30pm
Above course you will have to have trial session.
Grafton Tennis Academy
This is for the more serious junior players who want to take their tennis to another level. Opportunity for juniors to train upto 5 times a week. Contact Gary Walker for more details or visit: http://www.graftontennisacademy.com/
Cardio Tennis Wednesday 11am-12pm £8 member £10 non members Matt 07765697858
Social Adult Coaching Friday 9.30am-11am £8 member £10 non member Alessandro 07817936899
Thursday Evenings set courses contact Matt 07765697858
Saturday 9am-10am Intermediate Level contact Steve 07787331381
Gary Walker ( 07979203517 ) – Head Coach
Gary has been coaching since 1990, working in various parts of London. He has spent the last 20 years based in South London where he has been Tennis Development Officer for both Lambeth and Wandsworth. Gary has also been Head Coach at several clubs with a strong focus on junior development. He has coached players with varying abilities and experience, from mini-red all the way to ITF level. Gary is involved with the day-to-day coaching at the academy as well as overseeing competition schedules for all players. He also travels, both with players for competition and training camps as well as seeing other academies in different countries to further his coaching knowledge.
Steve Dean ( 07787331381 ) – Assistant Head Coach
Steve is a licensed LTA Level 3 coach, formerly running the tennis programme at Tooting Bec Common. He coaches all age groups, from tiny tots through to adult team players. He delivers our weekend beginner group lessons and runs weekday team training sessions.
Alex Walker (07931 164175)
Alex was a top national junior player in the UK and represented Great Britain at U16 level. At U18 level he achieved an ITF World Ranking of 800 and also played in senior level ITF Futures events. He went on to represent Bath University in the BUSA Tennis league whilst he studied for his degree. Alex has a strong focus on the high performance players in the academy and works with our players everyday on all aspects of their game. Like Gary, Alex is constantly updating his coaching knowledge by learning how top players in different countries are training.
Grafton has a number of teams actively playing in local tournaments including Surrey Summer and Winter doubles leagues and Team Tennis leagues (singles and doubles). If you are interested in representing Grafton, please contact Murray Sutton (email@example.com) or Morvern Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tennis membership is £265 per year and there is currently no joining fee. Students and Juniors pay lower rates of £100 and £50 respectively. There are reduced off-peak rates for weekdays before 6pm, discounted rates for couples/families and also combined Squash and Tennis options; full details can be seen on our membership page via the button below. The tennis court lights cost £5 for a 45 minutes session if you want to play in the evenings. You can join us or contact us by clicking on the buttons below, or come along to one of our social sessions to try us out first — £5 per session for non-members, £2-50 for members.
Tennis membership includes an affiliation fee for the Lawn Tennis Association of British Tennis. Membership entitles you to be included in the draw for our allocation of Wimbledon tickets every year as well as many other benefits. If you are already a British Tennis Member then you will need to switch your club to Grafton. Further details about the LTA are available at https://www.lta.org.uk/